Sensor module overview
ViSP provides interfaces to the most commonly used camera drivers. To this end, depending on the OS users may use different classes:
- an interface for firewire cameras. On Linux like OS, we provide a wrapper over libdc1394 v2.x through the vp1394TwoGrabber class. On Windows we provide a wrapper over the CMU 1394 Digital Camera Driver through the vp1394CMUGrabber class. The following cameras are known to work with this driver: Marlin F033C and F131B, Point Grey Dragonfly 2 and Flea 2…
- an interface for Video For Linux Two (V4l2) compatible cameras is provided through the vpV4l2Grabber class. It allows to grab images from analogic or usb cameras under Linux. This driver is known to work with the Pinnacle PCI PCTV Studio/Rave board and with usb webcam (Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro 9000, Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF, Logitech QuickCam IM (V-USB39), Dell latitude E6400 internal webcam, …).
- an interface for Flir (previously Point Grey) cameras is provided through the vpFlyCaptureGrabber class, a wrapper over FlyCapture SDK. It allows to grab images from any PointGrey USB-2.0, USB-3.0, GiGE, or firewire camera under Linux and Windows. This driver is known to work with Point Grey Flea3 USB 3.0, Flea2 and Dragonfly2 firewire cameras.
- an interface for Basler cameras is provided through the vpPylonGrabber class, a wrapper over Pylon SDK. It allows to grab images from any Basler IEEE1394, Camera Link, GigE or USB3.0 camera under Linux, Windows and OSX.
- an interface for Sick laser scanner. This driver implemented in vpSickLDMRS class is known to work with Sick LD-MRS laser scanner.
- an interface for Kinect 1 RGB-D camera thanks to vpKinect class.
- an interface for Intel RealSense RGB-D cameras thanks to vpRealSense2 class or vpRealSense class.
- an interface for ATI Force/Torque sensors thanks to vpForceTorqueAtiSensor class. It allows to acquire synchronous data from an ATI F/T sensor connected to a PCI DAQ board under Linux thanks to Comedi 3rd party. This interface is known to work with Gamma 65-SI attached to a National Instrument PCI 6220 board.
- thanks to converters, images can also be acquired by OpenCV and converted to ViSP images using vpImageConvert class.
The source code documentation shows which are the corresponding classes part of sensor module.