FlyCapture SDK 3rd party
FlyCapture is the SDK provided by FLIR (previously Point Grey) to work with FLIR USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet or FireWire cameras. FlyCapture SDK is compatible with Linux Ubuntu and Windows. FlyCapture is one of the optional 3rd parties supported by ViSP sensor module.
With ViSP FlyCapture SDK installation enables vpFlyCaptureGrabber class usage.
Hereafter we provide installation instructions for the following OS:
Complete installation instructions are provided here. We resume hereafter the main instructions:
- Install the required dependencies (libraw1394-11, libgtkmm-2.4-dev, libglademm-2.4-dev, libgtkglextmm-x11-1.2-dev, libusb-1.0) as decribed here.
- Download FlyCapture2 SDK from the Point Grey Downloads webpage. You will need a downloads account to access the Download links.
- Unpack the software in a temporary directory.
- Run the install script in the same directory into which you unpacked the software.
$ sudo sh install_flycapture.sh
- Follow the instructions of the script. This installs all the FlyCapture2 libraries, example code, sample applications, and documentation.
The script prompts you to configure udev so that devices can be used by a particular user. If you choose to configure devices, the script changes permissions on the nodes by overwriting the default Ubuntu permissions and giving the user full read and write access to the device nodes.
- Restart your computer for the user permissions to take effect.
Complete installation instructions are given here. We recap hereafter the main instructions to install FlyCapture SDK under Windows:
- Download the installation file for your camera from Point Grey’s download site.
- Double-click the software executable and follow the installation instructions.
- Select the correct driver for the camera when prompted by the installation instructions.
- Reboot the system.